Paper is recyclable: paper recycling implies a reduction of contaminating emissions from dumping sites and savings in volume equivalent to 50 large stadiums.
To curb climate change: the plantations of species that produce paper fiber are large drains of CO2 and help curb climate change.
Negative carbon footprint: paper bags in each and every one of the processes of their life cycles have a negative carbon footprint and are more environmentally friendly.
It strengthens the brand image: offering paper bags conveys a message of appreciation for the environment and of improvement of the consumers’ life quality.
Versatility, maximum customization and functionality: there is a paper bag for every brand, the multiple formats can be adapted to each brand and they offer proven strength and usefulness.
Cost savings: the manufacture of paper bags is an innovative industry that has a leading role in environmental awareness.
SOURCE: www.labolsadepapel.com web site that brings together paper manufacturers and paper bag manufacturers in Spain.
WHY USE AUTOMATED PAPER BAGS?
Apart from having a lower cost than that of handmade paper bags (due to the characteristics of their production processes, among others), which implies a commercial advantage, automated bags are 100% made of paper and therefore 100% biodegradable (no other material is used in their handles, in the bag itself or elsewhere).
Since they count with an FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) certification of wood protection, they have two of the three specific types offered by this certification:
1. Forest Management Certification
2. Chain of Custody Certification
Benefits for companies that buy or sell FSC® products:
• International recognition.
• The opportunity for interaction and cooperation between different actors involved in responsible forest management.
• The guarantee that future generations will enjoy the benefits of forests.
• The certainty that forest management practices are responsible and will be improved.
• The proof that property rights are respected.
• The guarantee that the wood is legal.
• The certainty that the rights of workers, indigenous people and communities are respected.
• The guarantee that the areas of natural wealth and the threatened habitat do not have a negative impact.
• The opportunity to use the FSC® trademarks on the products and therefore the possibility of finding new markets for those products.
What is FSC®?
The FSC® or Forest Stewardship Council is an international organization that aims at promoting the environmentally responsible, socially beneficial and economically viable management of the world's forests.
Good forest management is certified through ten principles or rules that define it. This implies that the products obtained obey the laws, respect the rights of workers, ensure the use of forest practices that guarantee the preservation and regeneration of forests, etc.